The Skin Center’s Skin Care Cues For This Party Season
~Tips to Help You Look Your Radiant Best~
New Delhi: With the onset of the festive season, a lot of late nights, parties, cards and get-togethers await you. But as you enjoy the multiple late nights and the fun and frolic, it is bound to take a toll on your beauty sleep and may reflect on your skin, leaving you with dull looking skin, tired eyes with puffiness and black circles around the eyes and sometimes even red swollen eyes.
Dr Sirisha Singh, the founding member and partner consultant of The Skin Center recommends a few tips to get the ever glowing radiant skin during this festive season.
RETRAIN YOUR BRAIN – BREAK OFF FROM THE BAD HABITS
So here are a few tips on how to continue looking fabulous best as you indulge yourself in the various festivities during this season.
- Go slow on alcohol and caffeine: Both, alcohol and caffeine are dehydrating and can leave you with dull looking skin. So drinking in moderation during the night will ensure that you enjoy the evening parties without the fear of a hangover the next morning, and alternating a glass of clear water between your cocktails would help in keeping your body and skin hydrated. Alcohol also has very high sugar content, which accelerates the ageing process so keeping a tab on your alcohol intake is advised.
- Kick the butt: Nicotine in cigarettes can reduce the blood supply to the skin. The reduced availability of oxygen and nutrients in the skin can show as dull lifeless looking skin. Minimizing nicotine intake or cutting it off completely can be very beneficial.
- Eat healthy and look radiant: With people being increasingly health conscious, there are always healthy options to eat even in a party. Try and eat plenty of salads, nuts (but stay clear of salted nuts) and proteins (grilled chicken, fish or paneer). The fruits and vegetables in salads have a protective effect on the skin. Avoid eating food with too much salt or sugar late at night, as the salt in food makes your eyes puffy and the sugar contributes to body weight, dull looking skin and skin ageing.
- Follow your skin care routine: Don’t forget your night-time routine before retiring to bed after a late night party. This can involve your CTM routine or using anti-ageing creams with moisturizers, before calling it a day. The routine is of vital importance at this time as the skin activates its healing process while you sleep.
- Ditch the alarm and sleep well: Try and get your 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It may not always be possible due to work and family commitments, but try and get as much sleep as you can. Also, sleeping on the back, as opposed to sleeping on the side can also be helpful.
THE MIRACLE MORNING-AFTER CARE
The morning after a night of excesses often leaves you feeling tired and groggy. The following tips should be followed to help overcome this feeling.
- Take a dip in lukewarm water: A warm shower will help freshen up your mind and body. For best results, spend 15-20 minutes soaking yourself in warm water with some aromatherapy oils. This will help you relax and take on the day.
- Replenish the fluids level: The dehydration caused by heavy drinking leads to the headache and hangover in the morning. Drinking water, juices and sipping green tea and tender coconut water can also be used to hydrate the skin. In addition to hydrating the skin, green tea will also provide anti-oxidants and the coconut water provides vital salts required by the body.
- Rub ice on your skin: The skin around the eyes becomes puffy and swollen due to fluid retention. Applying ice directly on the skin helps in soothing and reducing it. Freeze-packs can also be placed on the eyes for 15-20 minutes in the morning to get best results. A used and refrigerated bag of green tea also works wonders.
- Exfoliate your skin: Use a face-pack to do away with dull skin. You can also use a fragrant face-pack containing sandal-wood or rose water to relax and refresh yourself.
- Have a sumptuous breakfast: A healthy breakfast will make you feel and look better, and reduce the signs of exhaustion on your face. A bowl of fruit also helps rejuvenate the skin.
- Stretch your body: While it is very tempting to skip your exercise after a late night, it may not be a wise decision as it boosts the blood supply to your skin and brain, which gives your skin a glow and reduce the hangover. If an intense aerobics or cardiovascular session is not possible, go for a yoga session.
- Up your glam quotient:Even if you are feeling down and out, dressing up may perk you up. Pick out the best and brightest clothes from your wardrobe, so when people tell you that you look good, you will start feeling great.
SKIN THERAPIES TO BRING IN THE PARTY SEASON
After touching on ‘what to do after a party’, here are tips on what to do before to look your best during the party season. The options are:
- Chemical peeling: Get rid of the dead cell layer of your skin with this gentle and mild procedure and watch your skin glow.
- Photo-facial: Each session of this light based treatment can make your skin appear soft, reduce the freckles and blotchiness of the face and make your skin glow for 3 weeks.
- Mesotherapy: For a glowing skin, anti-oxidant vitamins or hyaluronic acid can be injected into the superficial layer of the skin. This treatment hydrates the skin giving it a fresh look and also minimize the appearance of open pores and fine lines in the skin.
- Botulinum toxin (Botox): These wonder injections can instantaneously and dramatically reduce skin aging and relax the muscles, as well as reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the skin. It can also be used to give an arch to the eyebrows or highlight the jaw line.
- Fillers: This therapy can make your cheekbones prominent, augment your lips and fill out the laugh lines on your face.
Let The Skin Center prepare you to dazzle everyone with your youthful and radiant skin by following these simple tips and suggestions to unravel the star in you, as the party season kicks in!
Leave a Comment