Two years back, on the eve of my 5th wedding anniversary, I decided to bite the bullet and get bikini wax done. This was something I had been contemplating since the time I got married but could never gather the courage to do so. After all, it’s not easy to strip down and let another person stare at you, let alone rip hair painfully from the area.
But the reward for silky, smooth skin after ages made it seem all worth. So I called my local salon and booked an appointment with the esthetician. I downed all my fears and inhibitions an hour before the appointment with a brufen and a glass of wine.
“I’ve already survived many painful moments in life and this too shall pass.” I thought in my mind. But boy, I was wrong! It hurt equal to if not more than the notorious labor pains! Normally, the procedure should not hurt much and should apparently take only 15-20 minutes. But because I was a waxing virgin and that too on the hairier side, I got to enjoy the ‘beauty procedure’ for full 45 minutes!
And the reward – baby smooth skin – only came after two days of enduring pain, burning, redness, and irritation. It was that fateful day, I resolved, “I would never ever pay for the torture, no matter how big a promise it makes for my beauty profile.” I am better off with my shaving and those nasty razor bumps.
And now, Everteen, the queen of intimate hygiene and grooming products in India has come up with India’s first bikini hair removal cream – getting me all intrigued and desirous for silky, smooth skin again. Now how this bikini hair removal cream performed with me, read full review to discover:
“Specifically designed for sensitive skin areas like bikini line and underarms, Everteen bikini hair remover is formulated with 100% natural chamomile extract. It’s a “No Harsh Smell” formula to give your bikini line mild and tender clearing with no itching and no irritation. It effectively removes hair without any skin burning and provides you softer & smoother bikini line with
- No Razor Bumps Or Ingrown Hair
- No Razor Cuts, Nicks & Burns
- No Skin Darkening
- No Harsh Smell”
Quantity: 50 g
- Always do a patch test before applying the cream on sensitive areas of the body
- Trim the hair and clean the area using only plain water before using the hair removal cream
- Do not use any scented products or deodorants immediately before and after using the cream
- Do not use soap on the area for 12 hours after using this cream
- Do not use the cream on cuts or broken areas of the skin
- Do not use the cream if you have shaved your skin in last 72 hours
- Do not keep the cream on the skin for longer than required
Everteen bikini hair removal cream comes in an attractive pink and white squeezable tube packaging. The tube is cased in a small carton that also includes a spatula and two coin towels for the ease of application and removal of the product.
Texture & Smell:
The cream is white in color and has a light texture that is easy to apply and spread on the skin. While, the cream does have a little pungent smell, it’s not too strong and obnoxious like other hair removal creams in the market. It is faint and not overwhelming.
Application & Performance:
The cream is supposed to be spread and wiped off using the spatula followed by complete cleaning of the area using the two coin sized towels provided in the pack, all of which seemed more like medieval weaponry to me. But I was determined to try all in my pursuit for silky, smooth skin.
I applied the cream directly from the tube and spread it with utmost ease with the help of the spatula. So far, so good. But on removing the cream, I found both the spatula and towels provided utterly failing in their job assigned. Each time, I’d try to wipe off and clean using the tools provided, there would be still too much cream residue and hair left on my skin.
Also, the pack says not to keep the cream on the skin for more than six minutes but on removing the cream after five minutes, I found many coarse hair still mocking back at me. So I had to let the cream sit for good 10-15 minutes on my skin and then use my own damp wash cloth to remove all the hair effectively from the area.
But all in all, the process was fast and totally painless compared to other hair removal strategies. The hairs came off at the base, which means my bikini line would remain smooth for a while. But since, the hairs did not come off from their roots; they would grow back quicker than wax removal.
The best part however is, the cream did not make any difference to my skin color; which I feel to be is a big plus, especially since I have already darkened my nether with all those nasty chemicals present in regular hair removal creams in the market.
- Does not cause any irritation or reaction to the skin
- Fast and totally painless compared to waxing
- Removes hair from the base, so hair re-growth isn’t poky like in shaving
- Unlike waxing and shaving does not cause any nasty blisters or bumps
- Unlike most regular hair removal creams in the market does not cause skin darkening
- Attractive travel-friendly tube packaging
- Reasonably priced
- Does not remove hair from the root, so they grow back quicker than waxing
- Quality of spatula and towels could have been improved to further enhance the convenience and efficacy of the product
- Girls with coarser or thicker hair may have to keep it a little longer on their skin than usual
R2B Rating: 4/5
Will I Repurchase:
Yes, will continue to buy and use this product until I find a better, more durable option.
Overall, I have found Everteen bikini hair removal cream to be the best option in my epic struggle with all forms of bikini hair removal strategies. If you’re like me, who’s sick of irritating and skin darkening hair removal creams and do not have the heart to endure the agony of bikini wax, this specially formulated bikini hair removal cream is the ideal option for you to realize your desire for silky, smooth bikini line.
Also, being India’s first bikini line hair removal cream, I would suggest every girl to try and use this cream at least for once (of course, after doing a patch-test!)